Friday, December 6, 2013

the final week in the MTC 12-6-13

my family!! what is up??
everything is going great on my end! this week has been my best week so far of the mission! i only have 4 more days left in the field! it is crazy!! but im so excited to get to macieo! i will be out in the field officially on tuesday morning of this week! its crazy! i feel like the language is coming quite nicely but i was talking to my instructot brother alvino, and he said that in maceio they talk really funny and that they have such a different accent that i will basically have to learn protuguese all over again! haha so that will be exciting! but i just cant wait to get out there and do the real thing! even if it is super hard! i just am so excited!!
well this weeks update!
we only had ham like 10 times this week!! it was a miracle!! hahaha i actually enjoyed meal times instead of dreading them! so that was nice for a change!
the mtc put up christmas lights this last week and last friday night they had a little light show in the court yard and we sang christmas carols! it was so fun!
both of my "investigators" got baptized this week! it was awesome! its crazy to think that just 5 weeks ago i could barely speak any portuguese at all, and now im at the point where i could sit and teach and explain almost anything gospel related for like an hour! its way cool! the gift of tongues is so real here its amazing! during lessons we'll be teaching and our investigator will ask me something and i will have had no idea how to answer and then all of the sudden im using words that i didnt even know i knew! its awesome! im just hoping that it stays with me as i go out to the field! haha
this week me and my companion spoke only portuguese everyday! it was so fun! it was hard sometimes and for sure some quiet moments but i was surprised how much i knew and how much faster i learned if i did that! it was awesome!
i decided that it is a good thing that i am leaving the mtc soon becuase i think ive started going a little bit senial! haha because seriously i dont think ive laughed so much in my whole life than i have this week! just the slightest thing will get me busting out in laughter! haha i guess that is what happens when you are in the same like 7 rooms everyday for 5 weeks! haha but lets just say that for the sake of my sanity, i need to get out of here! haha
this week i had a really cool thing happen to me. one of the sister missionaries in my district asked me to give her a blessing. im not sure what she was having a hard time with for sure, but you could tell she was just having a really hard time! she asked me to give the blessing! it was a really cool experience for me! being the mouth peice, i really felt the spirit, and even though i had no idea what to say before hand, i felt that the spirit guided me and  it was really cool. later that day she seemed to be doing a lot better! it was awesome!
cathryn, my instructor is wondering why you havent written him back, and honestly.. im a little disappointed in you! haha just kidding! but for real you need to meet him when he gets to provo and message him back today because he is the coolest guy!!!
MOM! i miss your emails! please write me one soon! and one of the sisters in my district dropped my camera when she was taking a picture for me and it broke.. so if you could send me a new one, and another memory card, that would just be grand and peachy! love you! also some zout, because that other stuff you gave me didnt work!
i love you all and miss you all! i hope you are all doing great! the church is true!!
Elder Johnson!

No comments:

Post a Comment